Thursday, August 8, 2013

Wide Awake

Yes...it's 5:02 am and I'm blogging. "Why so early?" you may ask...

Well I have my two dogs here with me, Coco and Benelli. Coco is a cavalier spaniel with absolute bravery. If anyone ever tried to break into my home, I do believe she would try to take them down all by herself lol. My golden retriever Benelli however....that poor dog. He's got a heart the size of Texas but about as much bravery as a ladybug. 1) He's gun shy. 2) Because he's gun shy, he's is also scared of thunder. I mean he's TERRIFIED of a storm. A storm may not be coming for 20 min but you know it's coming cause Benelli will feel the pressure change and will start to pant and go looking for the smallest space he can get to, to hide. 

Which brings me to tonight and why I'm awake. Evidently it's supposed to rain or something tonight (though it hasn't happened yet). Benelli is in the laundry room locked up, coco is in her kennel in my room, and I'm nice and asleep in bed when I get woken by a combination of loud noises from the kitchen and Coco growling. Thinking that someone might be in my home, I go to my bedroom door and put my ear to it to make sure I heard what I heard. Can't hear too clearly for the fact of Coco growling/half barking so loudly wanting to be released from her kennel to attack whoever it is. The banging/clashing noises go away after a couple of seconds and I'm about to go get my gun when I hear the faint jingle of a dog collar coming towards my room. I sigh a sigh of relief and frustration.

I open the door and there he is...shaking and scared. I go to the kitchen to see what happened. He was so terrified of the coming rain or whatever's coming, that he ripped off the 1ft by 1.5 ft or 2ft vent on the laundry room door and squeezed himself through it to get out. Vent pieces and door chunks are everywhere on the the floor. I'm telling you...he ripped the vent (double sided) clean off! And squeezed and pushed his huge body through that hole. 

So now he's in my shower room safe and sound, coco is in her kennel asleep and snoring, and I'm here wide awake but thankful that it was just Benelli and no one else. 


2 comments:

  1. Benelli is one of my favorite dogs cause he's such a little human. He needs his mama when he is scared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Benelli. He is such a funny guy.
    And who knew that Coco was such a guard dog?
    Well...I guess we did. She was reall protective of Alli at night when she spent the night with us.
    A

    ReplyDelete