Friday, January 10, 2014

The lone shoe.

Years ago I had a pair of black sandals that I loooved! They went with everything.
Then one day one of them just up and left me. I looked everywhere. High and low, near and far (you get the idea). Someone else might have thrown the other shoe away, but not I! I kept the mate and knew that someday, somewhere, the pair would find it's way back.

When you got a great pair of shoes you love, you don't give up on them. 

The lone sandal traveled in a tub for many months and then when we bought our house it got put up on the top shelf of my shoe closet where it has been collecting dust. Many times I have seen it and thought I might as well throw it away cause it's been two years since the other shoe disappeared. But in the back of my head there was always this little voice telling me to hold on, for just a little bit longer.

Today, I received this picture from my husband.
That poor little shoe had been traveling in a zipper compartment of one of our suitcases. How had we not noticed it after all the trips we've made???? 
But now it is safe and sound in my husbands care waiting for the moment it will be reunited with mate and master!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, the traveling shoe! So glad you found it and for staying true to its mate. Paid off, didn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Bradley!!!

    ReplyDelete