Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A Better Wife


This topic has been gnawing in my mind for the past few days. I didn't want to write all this down at first, mainly because I didn't want it to be public online. But I'm just gonna say it and try harder.

I need to be a better wife.

There are so many points I could make about myself that I would go past the word limit for a blog post. (I don't think they have a limit, so that's saying something). But I don't want to wine and have a pity party for myself. I'm going to make some points, write some comments, and move on from there.

1) I need to not be lazy. I'm telling you ladies, you would be amazed at what I don't get done. I know I could have worse offences, but this is a big one for me. I've struggled with laziness for a long time.

2) I need to budget better. Hubs and I got into this bad habit working in WV. Since both of us were receiving a nice pay check and very few bills, we kinda had it made. If we wanted something (reasonably priced) we just got it. We did put money back though and had a good stockpile (thank goodness). But we also gave ourselves nice allowances to buy whatever. Well we don't work there anymore...so only one paycheck coming in...so we are not making nearly as much as before. But the habit has somewhat remained. I'm not saying we are careless now, and blow money out the door like it was nothing. But for example...and this is hard for me to admit because I'm so ashamed of it now...I would go to the grocery store, put in my cart whatever I fancied, and not even look at the prices. When I'd check out, I'd just pay whatever the tab was and not think a single thing about it. I will still slip into doing this and surprise myself at checkout wondering how that happened. But I have gotten better at actually checking/comparing prices and even sometimes will go through my cart right before I head to checkout and take out anything I really don't need.

3) I need to keep a better home. For the reason why I need to work on this see point #1.

4) I need to make sure I give Hubs ample amounts of my attention and time. Having Jack has focused all my attention on him. And I do need to give him lots of attention, but I don't need to move Hubs to the back burner. I need to make sure that he still feels like he's my number one.

5) I need to cook more for Hubs. (Point #1)

Alright, my points are made, now I just need to fix them.


3 comments:

  1. I think all of us can do a better job. Good encouragement in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not the only one needing these reminders

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with almost all of these (not number 4 seein' as we don't have a wee one). Good encouragement to do better.

    ReplyDelete